Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got this from them.

Hi,

Yesterday we experienced an outage which affected most if not ALL our US based customers. This issue has the full attention of Comodo Sr Leadership and we are doing everything we can to rectify this situation as fast as possible. We have isolated an issue within AWS load balancers which have been crashing. This service has been going up and down as AWS looks to resolve their issue. We have escalated and will continue to escalate this outage within AWS however we cannot provide an ETA on resolution. We will continue to provide updates as they become available.

Regards,
    Andrei Siminic
    Comodo Support

Comment

This is off topic, but I cannot do anything in this forum other than post new replies. I can't edit, quote, comment, flag, or like any existing posts. I've tried Edge and Chrome but get the same results. When I click on any of the mentioned options, only a red rectangle appears around the item and doesn't actually perform an action. Is there a setting within the forum I'm missing?

Comment

• SCS-MR
        SCS-MR commented
        Editing a comment
        No idea. I had to register a new account in order to be able to post, rather than the email login for the Comodo/Itarian web console. Every time I tried to enter pwd (after I just reset it) kept saying I had wrong creds.

I have to say this is just poor. I mean, when it works, I think Comodo / Itarian works well. But with this event and its duration? Words fail me..

• kbovee
        kbovee commented
        Editing a comment
        I've had the account for a bit, took me a good 30 mins to figure out you couldn't log in with email but had to be username.

Thanks for sharing the update, dbaum! You've given us SOME STATUS to work from.

Still, the status and responsiveness on Comodo's part is really poor.

If I stay with them, I'm going to have to think really hard about whether I can trust a system and staffing that basically has left me and my customers out of touch for 24 hours plus.

We're all paying good money for a 24/7 product/service. I think we'd prefer something a little better than a rando vBulletin Board system for status. (And keep in mind we STILL HAVE NO ETA.)

Comment

What about right at the bottom on every post? Do you have those options?

Click image for larger version

Name:	comodo forum.png
Views:	376
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	9412

Comment

• iBaum
          iBaum commented
          Editing a comment
          Those are the options I'm referring to. I do see those. I actually hopped on a different PC to reply directly to your comment and I have functionality of those options. So the issue is definitely tied to my other PC.

• kbovee
          kbovee commented
          Editing a comment
          Ahh that makes sense

Just a side note, we have a ton of issues with AWS, assuming is AWS issue they are a mess.

Comment

• vsb2211
          vsb2211 commented
          Editing a comment
          Issues in General or within the last 36 hours?

• kbovee
          kbovee commented
          Editing a comment
          That makes me feel a little better, still raises question of what is really going on.

Just saying...

Click image for larger version

Name:	R (1).jpg
Views:	1256
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	9492

Comment

Has anyone heard anything from Comodo recently? My endpoints are still dark, though some show online in the web portal. I use the remote multiple times a day. It worries me about renewing with so little communication in an outage event.

Comment

Got this on another ticket we had open.

Hi,

Yesterday we experienced an outage which impacted our US based customers. We have isolated the issue to our cloud-based load balancers and are working vigorously with our provider to resolve the issue. While US accounts are currently accessible and have been since late afternoon yesterday, there is still some connectivity issues between tenants and their endpoints. However note that all endpoints are still fully protected under the last profile they were being provided.

This event has the full attention of Comodo leadership and Comodo is doing absolutely everything to rectify this situation as fast as possible. We will continue to provide updates as they become available.

Regards,
            Andrei Siminic
            Comodo Support

Comment

• jlaughlin
              jlaughlin commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, I guess that's better than nothing at this point.

I'm glad my client endpoints are still protected. However, if possible, can you relay, kbovee, in the ticket that WE CAN'T SERVICE OUR CLIENTS AT ALL with their system.

And there is STILL no official status or timeline (even a range) other than what you've kindly provided here. I guess we all need to start considering that if Comodo Itarian can't be bothered to keep us updated, then we should consider if this is a service to continue leveraging to service our clients. This is unfortunate.

Comment

• kbovee
              kbovee commented
              Editing a comment
              @jlaughlin,

I am not referring to Remote Control, the red icon, I am referring to Remote Access, which is a blue icon and requires end-user involvement

• kbovee
              kbovee commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll break it down

Red icon, list of all computers in tenant. Blue icon, provides an ID and password that's given to you and you directly input that and connect . Blue icon, no list of computers

• jlaughlin
              jlaughlin commented
              Editing a comment
              Right, my bad. I've used it for a client, but forgot about it. Thanks!

Wouldn't let me add picture in a reply so uploading now

Comment

• eis
              eis commented
              Editing a comment
              can we push this as an install to all the endpoints from the dashboard. that would be pretty sweet in a time like this

Hello eis

You can use below script to push Itarian Remote Access to your endpoints.

But please note that it requires to be installed both on host and viewer endpoints, as well as the connection information (id and password) from the endpoint that you want to connect to.

https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend...-remote-access

Best regards,
            Ilgaz

Comment

• eis
              eis commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok thank you. Any update yet from AWS? A rough ETA? Today? Tomorrow? Tuesday? Having to use other methods for customers today isn't fun.

• kbovee
              kbovee commented
              Editing a comment
              ilgazy, thanks for this!

There is very little communication happening here outside of the FAQ. A number of us are concerned about what is happening. Whether this is a security breach or in fact AWS issue or what.

Many of us have not been able to get in since yesterday and work. As paying customers we are entitled to know what is going on here

Comment

• vsb2211
              vsb2211 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm sure if they knew its not a security breach ilgazy would have posted it first chance they got. The fact that they haven't could mean 1) They don't know if it is or isn't a breach or 2) They do know its a security breach but they have to wait on their lawyers before they announce such things.

• pag347
              pag347 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ya. will see

To be frank we need to know if we need to start thinking about removing clients and protecting our clients and business.

Comment

• vsb2211
              vsb2211 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, the timing isn't great when we are supposed to be on heightened cybersecurity alert.

As of right now we are back up and operational, all endpoints are online

Comment

We are back online.

WE STILL NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED

Comment

Working...
              X