Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cmddata very huge

Hello,

I use the free version of commodo 12.1.0.6914.
    I see that my 250GB hard drive is almost full. In fact I observe that the cmddata file alone is 96Gb. Why is it so big? And how to reduce its size?

Thank you for your answer.

Hi tonyko33,

The file cmddata shouldn't be 96GB. We would advice you to do a clean uninstall and install,

Please try this official uninstaller

32 bit - http://download.comodo.com/cis/downl...uptool_x86.exe
    64 bit - http://download.comodo.com/cis/downl...uptool_x64.exe

Kind Regards,
    PremJK

Comment

Hi PremJKumar

Thanks for reply. In fact this is the file cmddata.dlmdb
      Can i just delete it ? or replace it by a new one ?
      I don't want to lose all my settings data and blocked url or start the configuration again.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi tonyko33,

Yes, you can delete the file. But preferred way is to export your configuration, do a clean install and reinstall.

Kind Regards,
        PremJK

Comment

-Comodo Firewall version 12.0.0.6818 / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi, today December 13th 2020, I noticed my 500GB disk was lower on free space than usual and after doing a quick scan with WinDirStat (free tool) I discovered that Comodo's cmddata file (C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Cis\lmdb > cmddata) was taking a whopping 176.2GB. Note my cmddata file has no extension (not "cmddata.dlmdb"). My Comodo logging limit is set to 50MB.

I have seen the current "official" solutions, which is to manually delete it in Safe Mode and/or to backup your settings and re-install Comodo.

What still hasn't been explained, is what does this file actually contains exactly?
          I might be weird, but I don't go about deleting system/application files or re-installing stuff without proper explanation. Is it a bug where Comodo fills its log/database in a loop with garbage? etc.

Thank you.

Comment

You should export your configuration, do a clean install and reinstall.
            geometry dash

Comment

Before reinstalling, you better export your configurations.
              offshorededi is the Most Secure Offshore Host.

Comment

same issue
                Taking over 100gbs
                cant i just delete this without uninstalling

Comment

Working...
                X